Blogger Templates

Sunday, December 4, 2011

AMAZING Gluten-Free Pizza!!! :)


So I found some gluten-free bread mixes in my cupboard and thought I'd put them to use!  I'm a feta fanatic, so I decided on a spinach feta pizza.  It was fabulous!  I'm sure I'll be making it again and again!  I actually went ahead and made a pepperoni pizza as well - it was pretty average.  Pizza is the best thing to play around with - it's hard to go wrong!  Feel free to experiment, but here's what I did (adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/spinach-feta-pizza/detail.aspx, which includes a regular dough recipe):


Spinach Feta Pizza

Dough:
1 pkg. Chebe gluten-free bread mix
2 eggs
4 tbsp milk
2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional, but highly recommended!!)

Topping:
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/8 tsp garlic salt
  • 2 c. chopped fresh spinach
  • 1 small red onion, chopped
  • 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil

  • 1. Mix dough ingredients as recommended on package.  Flatten with a rolling pin (I don't have one, so I improvised with a glass - it worked just fine).  It should form a 12" circle, about 1/8" thick.  Pinch the edges to create a small crust.
  • 2.  Sprinkle garlic and garlic salt evenly on dough.  Spread the mozzarella, then spinach, then onions.  Top with the feta and finish with basil.
  • 3.  Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes, until crust is golden.  

  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment