Blogger Templates

Monday, November 7, 2011

Best-Ever Biscuits!

I am not always the biggest fan of biscuits.  They tend to be somewhat crunchy; I prefer softer breads.  I found this recipe recently (from http://monstermama-monstermama.blogspot.com, but she got it from another blog...) and thought it seemed pretty easy so I gave it a try:

7-Up Biscuits
Makes 9

2 c. Bisquick
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. 7-Up
1/4 c. melted butter

1.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2.  Cut sour cream into the Bisquick mix, then add 7-Up.  Mix until well blended and forms a soft dough.
3.  Pat out dough (on parchment or Bisquick-sprinkled surface) to form a square.  Cut into 9 even squares.
4.  Pour melted butter into a 9" square baking pan.  Place individual biscuits on top of melted butter.
5.  Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.

How did it turn out?  Fabulous!  My husband immediately wanted to make sure I saved the recipe and would be making them again soon.  I actually made a batch the next morning for Sunday school.  The best part is that they have butter baked in, so you don't really need to add anymore!  They would be great with a jam, or just plain next to your Thanksgiving dinner!  Enjoy :)

(pictures to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment