Blogger Templates

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Favorite Pasadena Restaurant!

Louise's Trattoria
Louise's Trattoria in Old Town Pasadena (with other SoCal locations) has fabulous food at great prices!  It has a romantic, but not overly fancy, atmosphere.  They start you off with terrific, warm rosemary focaccia bread served with a balsamic-oil-herb dipping sauce.  I could just eat that and be satisfied!  They did recently change their menu and took off one of my favorite dishes, which was disappointing, but I'd find it hard to order a bad dish at Louise's.  My current favorite dish is the "chicken balsamico"- which comes with a great spinach side dish and I substitute the veggies for potatoes - delish!!  I have taken many friends there who are now big fans also!  The service has generally been great (just a little slow for our large group on New Years Eve, but that is to be expected).  I don't like to head into Old Town much because of parking issues, but this place is worth it!  What I like best is that for the quality of the food and portion sizes compared to the prices - it's really a great deal compared to similar Italian restaurants.  (The first time I went, my pasta - the one that's no longer available - lasted me 3 meals!)  If you're in the area looking for good food and a good value - Louise's is the place!  The only real downside for me is the dessert menu - nothing really to my tastes, but there is a fabulous gelato shop right next door!  Louise's is my go-to local restaurant whenever I want great food at a good price!
Our friends after the meal :)

1 comment:

  1. When I visit again, (hopefully this summer?) you have to take me!

    ReplyDelete