Blogger Templates

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Eat Fresh!

Saladish
Last Sunday, our church group headed into Old Town, but found it difficult to find a cheap restaurant open on Sunday, a holiday, with enough seating for all of us, since people were already filling the streets for the upcoming Rose Parade.  We walked past a place called Saladish that was completely empty.  I popped my head in to check the prices and it seemed decent so we entered.  The have wraps, salads, and potatoes.  Most of my friends loved their wraps; however, I wasn't the biggest fan of my Greek wrap with chicken.  It lacked much sauce, so I ended up adding hot sauce to the wrap.  They have several good-looking options, so I think I just might have preferred something different.  It was a decent price, since I was able to save half for another meal.  Unfortunately, the biggest downside to Saladish was that you cannot substitute items.  You can switch which type of leafy green is in your meal, but if you want to change anything else you must pay.  They have every item listed under an amount (from 50 cents on up), but you cannot even change between items at price point.  To me, that doesn't seem like great service or a great business plan for today's society.  I might return if I want something light, quick, and cheap in the area, but because of the no-substitution policy, it would not be my first choice.  If you will eat things however they are put together, you would certainly be fine - I'm just a bit too picky.  The ingredients themselves were decent though, and the greens were all very fresh, which is important at a place like this.  The manager who took our orders was very friendly - he even knew what I wanted before I ordered because he overheard me saying it to my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment